WOW! The goodness spilling out of me everywhere is insane. Here's where things are right now:
-I am moving to a work location closer to home, AND getting a raise. :) So I'll finally be stable in one city, making a higher wage (and maybe getting more hours), and I'll be working with a team that I bonded with when I first joined the company, so they like me already and I like them. :) Finally, I'll be working with a team of colleagues instead of doing it all by myself in a separate location. GREAT!
-I have been accepted as a THEATRE MAJOR! Yes! The interview was terrifying. I felt like I gave the BATS coordinator a poor impression of me, saying "I want to be a successful actor whether I'm paid for it or if it's community." He said I was contradicting. What I MEANT to say is "I will do this even if I don't have two pennies to rub together, I will do this if I never see Broadway, I will do this until the day I die because there is NOTHING of this world that I want to do more than perform & express every day of my life what cannot be expressed otherwise. I will never stop until I see Broadway, so essentially, I cannot fail. But I want you to know that this art is my life." That's what I meant. And he must have seen that because he said "I'll give you your chance." He said yes!
He also told me "You have a character look that I see only getting better with age, which is a good thing because we (character actors) work longer." This is true. Most of my favorite and most revered actors are character actors: Carol Burnett, Lucille Ball, Molly Shannon, Jim Carrey, Jack Nichelson, Nathan Lane, Jack Black, Sarah Jessica Parker, and the list goes on and on! I guess I mistakenly assume that character actors are ugly or unattractive, but this notion is a faaaar cry from the truth. They have industry "flaws" that make them unique and give them the opportunity to play roles of great wit, profundity, and humor oftentimes; this is my lot in life, and I accept! It always hurts to hear that I'm not thought of as conventionally beautiful, but good to know that I'll have jobs for the rest of my life. :)
GOD IS GOOD. And I am absolutely ready to become.
THIS IS AMAZING!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo, what's next, my successful friend?
COOKIES!
Panclocks!!!! Chocolate chip panclocks!!! :D
ReplyDeletebeaming!
ReplyDelete