I'm just your typical Pisces: mischievous, creative, sensitive, and oh-so unorganized.
Now, I never read horoscopes, and I put very little stock into the zodiac, but... seeing you for the first time, I gasped for breath like a fish out of water, or, like a fish swimming in foreign waters and finally, for the first time, seeing a fish who looks like me.
They say a goldfish has a 3-second memory span, but really, that's a myth.
Each time I see you is not like the first, but exponentially better because the more I see you, the more I want to see of you.
Then you swim by.
My heart races, my eyes widen... and then I look away, almost aloof.
You may think I'm koi, but really, I'm just a guppy- terrified that you might not love me.
So I go on swimming alone with only your memory to fill the thought bubbles I leave behind.
It's like we're all fish fishing for fish, and when the right one doesn't bite, we pull in our reels and convince ourselves that there are other fish in the sea, but really...
I just wanna swim with you.
Sometimes, I am a clownfish, brightly-colored, flamboyant, anything to get your attention! And then, when you notice me, I swim back into the anemone as if you're a predator and orange tastes delicious.
You swim laps around my subconscious brain day after day, and today was no different...
Except today, it hit me: Pisces is made up of two fish. Two.
So while swimming alone is ok, why go on alone when you may have found the one fish in all the waters in all the world who's been swimming and searching for you, too?
Now that you're here, I just wanna swim with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment