Thursday, April 26, 2012

a post in draft mode since April, finished

It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all... is a haiku written by a fool who loved too carelessly. Don't give your heart to anyone. You need it. The rhythmic pulsing of your heart pumping blood throughout your body acts as a metronome so you can pump out tunes, dance to the beat of your own eternal drum. Wait... now I get it. No one ever gives hearts away. Hearts are stolen. They are taken in the night, the unsuspecting victims charmed and distracted so that unworthy suitors can swoop in and scoop out. No wonder those sick with love draw hearts on notebook paper- they're making lost and found posters for the thing that was taken from them, the thing they want back. At the very least, give me your heart in return so that I can go on living. Don't take all that I have and leave me nothing in return. It's genocide.

No comments:

Post a Comment