Friday, July 13, 2012
catch me if you can
The most amazing things are happening for me! How blessed I am, indeed. I received my passport in the mail today. I finally did what I set out to do so many years ago. The opportunity to see the world is literally in the palm of my hand. And two days ago, I bought a ticket to California. Just like that. I bought a ticket to go west, to venture into the unknown, to explore what is (for me) the unexplored. My heart and head are so clear, and glowing with wonder and excitement, and marvel. I will be spending time with my cousin Carmen in Los Angeles, and will hopefully see my brother, as well. I had the chance to see my grandpap recently for what may be his last year on earth. It was hard to see him recently because his almost 100-year old body is in its last leg, while his mind and his memories remain trapped inside. I asked him many years ago about the story of his life, because I knew there would come a point when his story could no longer be told. I wish now I'd asked him every day when he was younger. That is why I cherish the moments I have with my loved ones, now more than ever, and why I am looking forward to connecting with my cousin and brother. I'm prying open the hands of time to take back what was taken from us. That is why I submitted the passport photo I had taken four years ago with my passport application four weeks ago. That is why I bought a ticket to the other side of my American world. Time is against us... but I'm finally no longer afraid; time will have to catch up to me first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment