Tuesday, December 18, 2012

a perfect fit

I'm sitting at work today before opening, not on the clock, just experiencing what it's like to sit with my own thoughts. I've been out of the house since 8 am (electrical work is being done on my apartment, so I needed to get out), and walked the avenue browsing shop windows and trying to stay occupied. I've never been bored before. Being newly single, I'm finding that getting to do whatever I want when I want to is a luxury I've taken for granted. If I'm honest with myself, I miss the companionship and the sex more than anything, more than I actually miss Randal. He was simply my supplier, the purveyor of goods I wanted. So, I'm shopping around. But I won't settle for a knockoff in love, no cheap thrills are in my cart. I want real, wholesome love and connection, and I'm not going to give up on love because this one unravelled. I'll find a love, and a man, to fit me better. We'll be a perfect fit.

1 comment: