Tuesday, April 12, 2016

10

I'm obsessed with this new form. Shout out to my boy Curtis for the prompt for this Luc Bat, with which I am now completely obsessed. The luc bat is a Vietnamese poetic form that means “six-eight.” The poem consists of alternating lines of six and eight syllables. The rhyme scheme renews at the end of every eight-syllable line and rhymes on the sixth syllable of both lines.
 

I cling to memories
as a means to help ease the pain.
In living them again,
I weep, but do remain steadfast
in knowing past has passed.
If love was meant to last, it would.
Ideally, it should!
But only through loss could we grow.
To know all that we know
and hurt more than we show is wise;
for the open heart dies
no matter how it tries to clot.
So cling to the whole lot,
but when it's time, try not to stay;
for there will come a day
when a new love will say, "I'm here".

#NaPoWriMo2016

No comments:

Post a Comment