Wednesday, June 6, 2012

You'll feel better than before.

Today is where I am. My pants split down the center today while I was at work. Then I spilled water on my lap in the car... and I feel undesired, unchased, unpursued. The pants action was really funny, so I shared about it on Facebook to give my friends a laugh. I guess I should have expected it, but most of the responses came from guy friends. And it just hit me: in that moment, none of those guys "got" me. I wonder sometimes if there's a guy in the entire universe who will get me. Girls get me. I was pretty bummed tonight after the day's slow-rolling events, so I went to the produce market to get some fresh fruit. A really sweet girl who works there named Laura and I chat a lot about life and boys (she's a great listener and just really friendly every time I see her). Tonight, I told her about my "he's just not that into you" dilemma, and she threw some chocolates in my bag with my purchase. My friend Tyler showed up at the studio and dropped off an enormous stack of Kylie CDs- just when I needed them most! And, I bought myself flowers tonight. Three huge, colorful bouquets of sunflowers, lillies, and asters. My studio is bursting with beauty, love, life, gratitude, appreciation, and hope. Maybe straight men don't get me, and maybe none ever will, but I'm not alone. I'm covered in love. Blooming. Stretching my tendrils, and turning my face toward the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment