Friday, June 22, 2012
Guard your heart from the losers of the world
"Guard your heart" has never been such good advice as it is to me nowadays. I am finding, more and more, that while most people do not set out to hurt one another, dating is a mine field. If someone whom you may fancy does not entirely share your sentiments, he is not likely to tell you. His actions, however, I find, are fool-proof. Once again, if he does not ask you out, he does not care to get to know you. And I am feeling so very empowered by this knowledge. Does a sense of rejection tend to ensue? Sure. But it is not our fault. WE are not the reason these guys don't want to get to know us. There is nothing wrong with us. There is nothing that exists that makes us inherently unlovable. And really, if these guys can't see how sensational you are, and do not want to get to know you, it is counted as their loss. WE. ARE. FABULOUS. I want to shout this from the rooftops and remind myself that at any age, any size, any point in my life (be it high or low), I am still desirable. I still have worth. I am still a catch. And if any guy can't see that, he's a fool, for whom I have no time anyway. I am done being "everyone's girl". I am done being the girl of the moment. I WANT THE REAL THING, with a man who makes an effort to love me, to reach me on my level (hopefully we're on the same level anyway), and who treats me well. Respects me. AND DAMN IT, I WON'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS. EVER. EVER. EVER.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment