I absolutely cannot sleep. I have been kept up all night by everything I could possibly imagine. Things that have me anxious and excited and exhilarated. Everything in my world is getting swirled together in my brain, making multicolored marble patterns that are as lasting and real as a solid slab. I'm thinking of how I'll use my vacation time, where I'll go, who I'll have with me, where I'll be working, what I'll be studying, how close I'll be to graduation after the summer, what I'll do after school, how my troupe will do with our show this May, where we'll go on tour in the fall. Everything is changing. My boss getting a new job, new people and things coming into my life all at once, new landlords, a potential new relationship, a new haircut and color: these are the things of which Spring is made... newness, beauty, color, uncertainty. I gobble it all up hungrily and nervously knowing not what it will taste like on the way down, but knowing that I'M STARVING.
No comments:
Post a Comment