Wednesday, May 15, 2013

This bird is a farmer!

This summer marks the year I become who I will become. I can FEEL it in my bones. This is the year my life begins. I am on my own, READY, and coming of age. Last night, a friend asked me if I wanted to meditate to discover my spirit animal. I've always figured I was a bird, but I accepted his invitation. (As a comedian, I've learned- you take any opportunity because any experience can lend itself to new material). The exercise asked me to envision myself in a field, to represent my connection to the earth. Suddenly, an animal comes toward me and gives me a gift. Now, these are all things that come to me from my subconscious, so in its own way, this vision is entirely dependent upon my imagination and my willingness to employ it. The animal that approached me was a blue bird. Now, it didn't fly to me, it walked on long bird legs. And then, the gift it gave me... was a turd. Not bird poop, no. A turd. From another animal. I laughed during the exercise as my friend spoke because the exercise said "hold the gift to your chest, take several deep breaths, breathe it in". Most people get something spiritual or enlightened, like a stone, or a butterfly. But me? No. I want turds. I and the other spirit animal crowd laughed about this, and I went home for the night. My friend texted me at 2:00 AM to relay that "I thought I should point out... turds are fertilizer. They help things GROW". Solid point. So here I am, a grounded bird ready to fly, ready to grow. Ready to BECOME!

Do I look like I have any time to be sad? NOPE! Living and loving!

So where I am going? Ireland. I'm changing my life with each moment. Becoming happier, wiser, more excited about my beautiful life. I am happy to be free. And damn it if all the turds I've been given in my life aren't helping me to grow! Thank you for EVERYTHING!

How are YOU growing? How is your life changing? Are you fighting the current or are you letting life take you where you must go?

4 comments:

  1. Exciting to hear that you are following the FLOW of life...that's so important! I'm excited to see photos and read posts of your time in Ireland. Thanks for leaving comments on my blog. I wish you a wonderful journey!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katherine! Just swimming along as it were, all the way across the pond to little ol' Ireland. :) I will definitely be posting pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO exciting!!!!! I am so so happy for you. You are living your dreams and you have no idea how inspiring this is to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

    Best advice in all the world. :)

    ReplyDelete