I was walking around the park & noticed two birds in a squabble ahead of me just off the path. I continued to walk toward them & watched with concern as one bird violently pecked & stabbed the other with its beak & claws. The losing bird was growing weaker. I continued to get closer. Suddenly, the dominant bird clasped the loser in his talons & began to fly away over the path. I was astounded, but continued to walk toward them. The dominant bird got startled as he saw me approach, & thus, he loosened his grip on his captive. I cringed as the weak, defeated bird was dropped onto the sidewalk, making a loud "crack" as his skull smashed against the pavement. He rolled into the mulch & breathed several heavy, strained breaths. I watched in teary distress as he took his final breaths & left the world. I stood there for several minutes thereafter trying to make sense of what I'd just seen.
I felt a strong sense of sadness & despair as I realized that humanity is often as bird-eat-bird as the birds themselves; survival of the fittest.
I walked another lap praying & asking God to comfort me.
As I neared the end of the lap, I came to a swan on her nest. She'd been there all day & I'd seen her several laps before. This time, she was standing up & nosing around in her nest... she was helping one of her hatchlings to break out into the world. New life was emerging. And I felt pure joy.
It would seem that something must die for something new to be born. Don't be afraid to let the old pass away in order for the new to come about. Don't be afraid when that time comes because chances are that God is waiting to bear beautiful, new life in you.
Really fascinating because God revealed this same message to my friend Mary with the metaphor of flowers a couple weeks after I saw the birds. Several other friends have also had experiences & visions recently to lead to the same message... I'm now certain that God is preparing us for a season of new life.
ReplyDelete