Sunday, September 23, 2012
Feeling new.
Today was so necessary. Thank God I had the day to recollect myself. I was able to get back on track and get so much done. I feel like myself again after a month of being a stranger. My place is clean, my homework is (mostly) caught up, and I have been kind to myself.
I was asked to be in a music video today at the laundromat. The folks shooting the video were looking for someone "real", someone doing something real, like loading laundry. Apparently, throwing a month's worth of dirty clothes into the machine with reckless abandon was real enough for them. I turned them down. Orlando is full of real people in real messes, so I'm sure they'll find someone.
I am loving La Roux and Gotye this week; their albums are really reaching me right now.
It occurs to me at the beginning of each week how much closer I am to graduating. We're already more than half way into September. Wow. Time is flying. And before you know it, January 1st will be here, and I'll be in a new year, a year that will hold new things, new beginnings, new places, new people, new opportunities. I so look forward to all of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment