Wednesday, September 19, 2012

dark blue

Now all I can see are the planets in a row suggesting it's best that I slow down... this night's the perfect shade of dark blue...




I stood in the storm today. The rain blew up under the overhang, and I let it sting my skin. The wind blew, but I could not be moved. I watched the clouds roll and the lightning spark, a tempest of many shades of blue. It was beautiful. Furious and sad, all at once. Powerful, but helpless. A storm can't help what it is; it has to pour. Everyone seeks cover and refuge from this beautiful thing, afraid to get their feet wet or their hair mussed. When did we stop playing in the rain?

Afterward, driving home, the sky was remarkable. Multicolored, covered with clouds that made the sun illuminate the entire sky a burning gold. And in those clouds, I glimpsed a rainbow. Tempest or not, I'm looking toward the horizon, and am ready to get my feet wet.


No comments:

Post a Comment