The past couple weeks have been really interesting, exhilarating, and... totally unexpected. School and work have been keeping me so busy that my place looks like I've hosted five keggers for dirty bachelors. It's pretty gross, but I've been getting my assignments done so far, and that's what matters. I've also managed to make time to start dating. Like, actual dating, not going out with some dick who says he'll call and then doesn't because he's off being a professional dick. No. It's been really exciting, and different. Dare I say, worthwhile. I won't talk too much about it, as I don't want to put a hex on a good thing. I just want to find the right man, damn it.
Nonetheless, life is good. I've hopefully got only this and next semester until (in true Braveheart style) FREEEEDOOOOOOOOOM!!!!! I want to finish school more desperately than Justin Bieber wants not to be gay. God willing, that will be possible. At the very most, some online classes in the summer would be tolerable; I just have to get out of here. I have to move on with my life and be a young 20-something while I still am a young 20-something. I want to make mistakes and eat too many nachos and stay out until the wee hours and pretend I don't know better while it's still cute to do so (or is it no longer cute after 25? Hmmm...).
I really cannot wait to go to NYC. I think about it all the time. The smells, the sights, the NOISE, the hustle and bustle. I fully expect that it's going to be 60% shitty most of the time (because hey, baby, that's New York!), and I cannot wait!
Alright, I seriously have to go wash my dishes before I reconsider a career in science and decide to use my kitchen sink as grounds for research. Live well, friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment