Thursday, September 27, 2012

the abbreviation of canyon

My manager Cyn is such a blessing to my life. I worked with her tonight, and got to pick her brain for wisdom. Cyn is 45, black-haired, her body a tattooed canvas of Tim Burton's work. It's occurred to me before, but tonight I became certain that she and I are a lot alike, and I can see myself being much like her when I'm 45. She has a huge heart for helping people, she's funny and sarcastic, and she has a great sense of style and self. Most strikingly, she also survived a terribly abusive childhood and bad relationships, and she was able to overcome all the obstacles. She has a tattoo on her wrist that says "rise above" to represent the struggles she's overcome to be who she is, and to forgive, and I admire her so much for the strength she's accrued over a painful life. We do differ in that her blood has been transfused with red bull, but nonetheless, I appreciate the blessing she is in my life: someone with wisdom, someone with passion, a listening ear, and someone I trust. I'm just really grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment