Thursday, March 21, 2013

Incubation

I guess I'm on the right path. Wherever it leads will grow me, and to that end I trust it. I create ideals in my head, not plans; just visions of what I want, and I start to expect them. And when those visions don't materialize, I become impatient. Worried that the detour means no tour. No going down this path for you! No realization of these big dreams you have, dear girl! But there's no one saying that but the 26-year old girl waiting to bloom from inside my bud. Put this bud in concrete and I will bloom even there. No matter how long my dreams incubate, they will come to life. I will have the life I want, no matter how late in the game. I am still young. Still beautiful. Still talented, more so now than ever before even! And perhaps I can thank 26 years of incubation for that. How much longer until I can turn back my lips and look to the sun?

No comments:

Post a Comment