For someone who's supposed to be my best friend, she didn't even remember my birthday. This is what happens. They all get married and the rest of the world ceases to exist. This has happened to me enough times with enough friends to know with certainty and conviction that I will NOT get married and forget about everyone who mattered before I got hitched. And that's what it means to be a good friend. A faithful friend. A best friend.
I'm gonna be mad for a while. It's my prerogative.
And I'll never call anyone my best friend again. The disappointment is too much to bear.
It's sad when this happens after our friends get married isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI'm so hurt by this whole circumstance, it's overwhelming. Married people only seem to want to hang out with other married people, as if the single souls are suddenly less important, less loveable. And the worst is when a lifelong friend takes a backseat to one's wedding planning. I feel miserably betrayed and unimportant.
ReplyDelete