Today has been such a GREAT day! I started off very exhausted because I was out on a really, truly wonderful first date until 3:30 am, and then I did my homework for class this morning. After my directing class, which has had me really stressed out with wrangling my actors, I dropped in on a tap class for my dance studio credit, and I realized just how much I've missed tap dancing! Miss Judi is always sensational and helpful, and I am pleased to see that I've retained more than I expected from two semesters ago. I hope to drop back in on Friday and pick up where I left off.
Since I stayed for the tap class, I spent some time in the performing arts center and ran into so many theatre friends and friendly acquaintances I otherwise don't get to see, and it was SO nice to catch up and hang out. I've missed social time a lot.
I also ran into an acquaintance from swing dancing, an actor in my department, and I've just gotten her interested in doing my directing scene, so God willing, this one sticks so I can relax and sleep at night!
Then, in the union, I ran into an oooold friend from high school choir, Lucky, which was such a pleasant surprise. We've been in touch over the years, but I think we measure time in the time between visits with people we once knew to see, really, how much has changed.
I can truly say today has been a pleasant gift, for which I am grateful. I get to spend time with my cast tonight at rehearsal, which I am very much looking forward to. I love my company and my castmates. They're like family, only funnier. My castmate Schaare and I painted pottery on our day off, yesterday, which was also a nice change of pace, and so nice to just spend time hanging out.
I want to cherish my time left in Florida. However long it is, it's simultaneously too much and not enough. I've just met what could be a really great match, I've let go of an emotionally unavailable guy, I have incredible friends, and I adore my magical theatre community. There's so much GOODNESS that I don't want to take it for granted any more.
Hooray for great days, a great life, and (my favorite) sunflowers!
What a smile-inducing post!! So wonderful that you may have met a match. It's a great feeling isn't it? Have a beautiful weekend my friend :)
ReplyDelete