Monday, January 14, 2013

the roaring twenties

It is again worth reiterating: he's just not that into you. Sometimes I want to tell the strong me to be quiet and cling to the foolish hope that I can take a man at his word when he says "I've been busy", "I've been meaning to call you", etc.

False. I must agree with that place in me that roars like a lion and says "trust yourself". I deserve more than excuses. I deserve actions. I deserve honesty and bluntness. I deserve to be pursued. And no guy, no matter how great he may seem or how well we may click, is worth my time if he can't give me more than mere scraps of his. Again I roar "trust yourself". Trust the longing in you to be loved and don't allow (read: disallowance must be a decision) any counterfeit affection to steal your attention. A man worth your time will make the effort, he will call when he says he will. He will want to spend time with you, time getting to know you. And anyone offering anything less can peddle his secondhand heart and scraps of time at someone else's door. "We don't want any."

Again I roar, "trust yourself". Even when you'd rather be wrong.

9 comments:

  1. YES...ROAR...I love this. This post made me feel inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Trust Yourself" is the most important thing you can do. It will take you everywhere you want to go. Nice to find your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Katherine. :) thank you for visiting my blog! Yes, trusting ourselves is a pact we must make WITH ourselves. Otherwise, who are we?

      Delete
  3. Just wanted to pop by your place and say I hope you have a happy Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Keith! :) I hope your day has been full of possibilities! What is the most beautiful thing you witnessed today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm just seeing this :) the most beautiful thing I witnessed that way was an adorable puppy!!

      Delete
    2. I do love puppies. And kitties! I'm a cat video girl, I must admit.

      Delete