This is a first for me. I caught a reaaally bad cold on Friday that got so bad yesterday that I was almost taken out of the game, so to speak. I'm coughing and sneezing nonstop, but I had to work today and yesterday, so I've been walking around disinfecting everything I touch. Lol And all of the vitamin C I've been taking has jacked up my stomach, so needless to say.... I feel all-around awful. And for the first time, I miss having someone to take care of me. I miss the days of being a kid and having mom or dad make me grilled cheese and soup just the way I like it. I miss having someone come visit me every couple of hours to check on me, feel my head, make sure I'm comfy and cozy. And heck, maybe even rewind the VHS tape so I can watch it again. I miss being cared for. And as I am fiercely independent, this feels strange... wanting someone to take care of me. But I did what I must: heat up some homemade soup, pop homeopathic meds and cough drops, rest when possible, and try to stay positive. The reality is that I am not a child anymore, nor someone's lover. I am a single woman living alone with a cold, and I'm going to have to take care of myself. So, in the end, I guess that's empowering.
Now to get better by tomorrow for my sight singing exam...
No comments:
Post a Comment