Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Music to my ears

So, I took my sight singing exam today while still sick with an upper respiratory infection. I didn't do as badly as I'd expected, and my professor seemed to feel I did an alright job, so that's encouraging. If I'm honest with myself, I am glad to be going through this class. It's challenging me to think musically again, and I'm really having to stretch my limits. Having to repeat this class would suck for the practical life reasons: having to stay in the state longer than I'd like, having to maneuver my work schedule drastically and inconveniently. There may even be the issue of hurting my pride, as I've never failed a class in which I've made an effort. But in the long run, if I did have to take the class again, I guess it wouldn't be so bad. It would make me a better musician and vocalist, as my sight reading and sight singing skills are already vastly improved since the class began one month ago. I'm going to do my best, and hopefully that's enough, and if it's not, that's alright, too. It will be.

Today is spanish day! I have been drinking malta, dancing salsa, and listening to the spanish radio stations all morning and afternoon. And when I come home, I'll have delicious homemade veggie chili in the crock pot waiting for me. :) it's nice to feel like eating again. Lol

We have to be silver lining people. No matter what the container contains, line it in silver and let it shimmer.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get to feeling better my friend! Those URIs are no joke. YES - silver linings need to line all of life's containers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...even the trash bins. :) and I am feeling much better, thank you! Thank God for antibiotics!

    ReplyDelete