I've got to raise the stakes. I just took my music theory lecture midterm, and I don't feel great about it. Not only did I not complete the test in time, but I am also unsure of the questions I did complete. I really don't know what to expect. I know that by this time next week, I'll know whether or not I need to drop the class. I turned in a homework assignment this week that earned me my first A in the class, but I don't know that this assignment alone will be enough to get me through the class with a 72 or higher. So, if I get the results back next week and discover that I have a chance to pass the class yet, I will not drop the class and will make myself a wager: if I pass the class this semester, I will take myself on a trip out of the country this year, 2013. The stakes: if I do not pass the class this semester, I do not pass the class; that would be what I lose. I feel it is more important to set a positive goal (something to push me to succeed because I want it to happen) as opposed to setting a negative goal (something that will push me to succeed because I don't want it to happen). I will work harder for something I want in the long run and will be more pleased if I do, in fact, succeed. So, it's all hanging on a thread. It's on the edge of a knife. Next week decides the course of the rest of the semester.... here we go....
Mama needs a new pair of (well-traveled) shoes!
Let me know how everything ended up going - there's an email link in my latest post!!
ReplyDelete