SO. MUCH. HAPPENING. All good, to be sure, just so much. I love being busy, active, ENGAGED, & this semester promises to provide all of the above & then some!
I'm searching for audition pieces for the festival; I have an excellent partner in my friend Matt, & I'm confident that we'll do a sensational job. We have one of our two pieces picked out & several others we're considering, but I don't know that we've found THE ONE yet. I need to find a monologue, as well, but I can't believe that picking the monologue actually seems EASIER than finding a scene for two. Who knew! Either way, I'm enormously excited & am running at a fine pace to the finish line for submission this Friday.
I am loving my classes thus far & feel God has led me to a very productive place in time; there is much to do, in which much growth will be obtained. Much change.
I've stayed on track with my cleaning & sort of soul renovation; I've gotten rid of bag after bag of papers, cards, & random scraps, & I am hungry yet to declutter my life some more! What else can I give away? I've been donating all of my paper (including the paper from my office) to bins hosted by a company called The Paper Retriever, which allows local organizations to raise funds from the paper recycling, & I AM LOVING IT. People are benefitting from my paper, & I'm benefitting from a breezy space; it's a mutually wonderful arrangement. I've also been eager to find ways to recycle the plastics my city does not accept, as well as styrofoam & cardboard. After a little research, I've found that it's not entirely impossible; to recycle #5 plastics, bring them to any Whole Foods Market or an Aveda salon, which also recycles the plastics to use in their product packaging. However you get rid of it, just feel good knowing that it's being repurposed instead of ending up in a landfill. Also, I've become very passionate about properly disposing of lightbulbs, batteries, & other electronics. Most facilities I've found as of yet actually charge you to recycle your old electronics & bulbs. WHAT?! I'm still in search of a better solution, but I won't give up...
Phew, being passionate is empowering. :) For now, I must get on with the night, as there is MUCH to be done.
For now, enjoy this:
Hey Amanda,
ReplyDeleteI saw the link to your blog on your facebook and I too am very pro recycling; however, my apartment complex does not recycle! Do you know of anywhere by UCF that does take regular recycling?
Also you might find it interesting that I no longer buy paper products (except toilet paper) unless I can get them for free. This includes all forms of dishes and cups. I use hand towels and dish cloths instead of paper towels and I use reusable napkins instead of paper ones. It cuts back on the amount of trash I have to take out and it saves trees and money.
- Natalie Y.
Hey, Natalie! It's good to hear from you, girl. :)
ReplyDeleteI never buy paper towels or disposable dishes with few exceptions. I recycle everything possible. I clean everything with rags & old t-shirts. I also use cloth napkins I bought at thrift stores instead of paper. I use disposable items as LITTLE as possible.
As for recycling by UCF, I'm not sure. Like I mentioned (I even called to be sure, lol), Whole Foods locations take ALL #5 plastics. I would suggest calling Whole Foods to see if they possibly take plastics 1-5. Also, it appears that UCF actually has some recycling facilities, so check the link below & contact them if you're not sure what they accept.
http://www.recycling.ucf.edu/faq.htm
Hope to hear from you again, Natalie! Let's catch up sometime. :)